Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mac Love

A couple of years ago I wrote a post on Mac Envy, and it seems appropriate that I recall it now that I finally have a Mac of my own.

Yes ladies and dogs, I am a convert, and although I don't think Steve Jobs is Jesus, he certainly been doing a good job evangelizing the public. I have no regrets about it, though my wallet feels the cost of my conversion well enough, considering one has to shell out not only for the cost of the machine, but for all the 'accessory' costs as well.

I find it amusing that my husband refers to my mac as 'the new kitty' and while it does have the necessary requirements of feeding, clothing and shelter attributed to a new pet, this is certainly the most expensive pet I have ever owned.

Thank goodness iKitty is destined to do more than eat, sleep and beg for affection, which is pretty much all that my two normal flesh-and-blood cats ever do.

As far as resources go I found these very useful for a Macnoob like myself:

Philmug Forum (Philippine Mac Users Group)
Apple Support
Mac User
Mac Tips

No comments: