Friday, December 28, 2007

Wanderlust again...



Headed for Viet Nam in around an hour.

My husband has been in and out of the country for about 3-4 weeks at a time on a Project in Ho Chi Minh. Between longing for food that tastes like home, and missing my company, we've decided that I should come spend the next few days and the New Year cuddling up together in Hanoi.

So we're here at the Centennial wing, whiling the time away breathing in secondary smoke and blogging. The only wifi zone in this airport is unfortunately in the smoking area and cafe. The good part is that our departure gate is practically in front of the cafe, and the sandwiches are decent even if the coffee is not so hot.

We'll be spending much of today in transit, flying to Saigon, with a 3 hour layover then flying to Hanoi, ending up at our hotel at around 8pm.

What I'm really looking forward to is getting on the boat for the overnight Junk Cruise on Ha Long Bay my husband is treating us both to.

Ha Long Bay is a World Heritage Site, and the seascape looks like fairy islands jutting out of emerald green water, and for sure I'll be taking a lot of pictures when we get there.

Weather in Hanoi is colder, bottoming out around 15 degrees C, so I took care to bring warmer clothing, but I'm hoping to be able to wear shorts on the boat at least.

Time to pack up, next post will be evening in Hanoi.

No comments: