Thursday, October 07, 2004

Flight vol1

I had been browsing the net looking for interesting alternative comics around a month ago and I came across this one published by Image Comics, and it was interesting to know that some of the artists published here were previously known for their web comics - Enrico Cassarosa of Haiku5-7-5 is one of them.

I saw some of the art previewed on the site and I was really hooked but of course, I didn't know when it would show up here in the Philippines.

It seemed like a real strange twist of fate then that I was browsing through Bibliarch's comic rack last weekend and found the cover of Flight Vol 1 peeking out between Batman and Preacher. Needless to say I snatched up their only copy, and went home with a much lighter wallet.

Evil, evil impulse buying. But I have no regrets. It's a well made publication, lovely choice of cover and themes. Everything that their site promised. I particularly liked Kazu Kibushi's Copper. You can find some samples of Copper here.

I can't wait for volume 2.

P.S. I have more to say but unfortunately I'll have to write a lengthier review of my experience with Flight Vol1 later as I'm stuck doing mucho project management work for a huge website and have very little time to update my blog. (bats)


No comments: